More thrilling displays have been confirmed for this summer’s Weston Air Festival.
Wowing the crowds at the two-day festival on Saturday 20 and Sunday 21 June will be:
- RAF Red Arrows
- RAF Battle of Britain Memorial Flight including the Spitfire and the Hurricane
- RAF Tutor trainer
- RAF Chinook
- Sally B B17 Flying Fortress
- Avro Vulcan – Sunday only
- De Havilland Sea Vixen – Saturday only
- Girl Power Pitts Special
- Belgian Ballerina – The SV4 Stampe vintage bi-plane
- The muscle bi-plane (Raging Rhino) highly modified Pitts Special
- Team Raven aerobatics team
- Scottish Aviation Bulldog
- RV8tors Aerobatic Team
- Ex Omani Air Force Strikemaster Jet
- PBY Catalina Amphibian Sea Plane
- Swordfish Torpedo Bi-plane
The event takes place on Weston seafront from 10am-6pm each day.
As well as a full weekend programme of air displays, the show will feature the town’s Armed Forces celebrations with military exhibitions and displays. Following the flag raising ceremony, there will be marching displays, military bands and performances from The Marionettes and the Bristol Military Wives Choir.
There will also be funfair rides, trade stands and activities such as mini tanks, a zip-wire, climbing wall, Gyroscope ride, Red Arrows and Euro Fighter Typhoon simulators, plus giant inflatables.